SEACMEQ’s daily operational activities are managed by the SEACMEQ Coordinating Centre which is staffed by the Director, and the Technical Manager. The SEACMEQ Coordinating Centre provides administrative and technical support for the SEACMEQ National Research Coordinators and their Deputies. The SEACMEQ Coordinating Centre also works with partners to obtain funding for the cross-national co-operative components of SEACMEQ’s research and training programmes.
Tasks of the SCC include:
- Secretariat for SEACMEQ
- Coordinates the SEACMEQ training and research program
- oversees the implementation of SEACMEQ projects and manages the quality of the research
- Provides technical assistance in organizing and implementing SEACMEQ studies
- Provides technical assistance in data processing and data management for SEACMEQ studies
- Provides technical assistance in data analysis and reporting
- Maintains relationships with member countries, partners, and external funding and research agencies
- Organizes SEACMEQ cross national activities including working meetings to facilitate capacity building for National Research Teams
- Supports National Research Teams initiatives for disseminating SEACMEQ results.
The SEACMEQ Co-ordinating Centre is located at:University of Botswana