Add an iCal calendar feed (.ics) to your Agenda
iCal Feed Instructions
iCalendar (*.ics extension) is a popular file format used to distribute calendar information between different applications over the internet. Instructions to help you configure your calendar client software are given below.
SACMEQ Workshops Events: http://www.sacmeq.org/training-workshops/sessions.ics
To subscribe to an iCalendar feed using Apple's iCal program:
- Open the iCal program (in Applications)
- From the Calendar menu select Subscribe
- Type or paste one of the two feed URLs above into Calendar URL field then click Subscribe
- Change the name and color (optional) and update the Auto-refresh frequency to Every day (important!), then click OK
- The events should now appear in your calendar
To subscribe to an iCalendar feed using Outlook:
- From Tools menu select Account Settings
- Click on the Internet Calendars tab
- Click the New button
- Type or paste one of the calendar URLs above then click Add
- In the Subscription Options dialog box, you can optionally rename the calendar. Make sure the box is checked in the Update Limit section.
- From the File menu in Thunderbird select New -> Calendar
- Choose On the Network and click Next
- Choose iCalendar format and paste or type the calendar URL from above in Location, then click Next
- Optionally change the Name, Color and notification option then click Next then Finish
- You can set the refresh frequency in Tools->Options->Lightning->General->Refresh Settings. Once or twice a day is sufficient.
To subscribe to an iCalendar feed using Google Calendar:
- In the left column, click on the Add link in the Other Calendars section.
- From the menu select Add by URL.
- Enter the feed URL in the dialog box then click Add Calendar.
- There appears to me no way to manually set how often the calendar is refreshed.